Several years ago I adapted these "Holiday Stress Reduction Tips" from an article by Dr. Dolores Digaetano, which appeared in the MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL APPEAL. Sharing them again here, along with more of my own. Praying at least one or two speak to you that you may find yourself in a more relaxed place throughout the busy days of December.
1. Try a new exercise routine (remember that there is no such thing as inappropriate weather for walking, riding a bike, etc., only inappropriate clothing.)
2. Limit social obligations to people you really like.
3. Spend no more than 1 percent of your annual income on gifts.
4. Pay cash.
5. Give of yourself (volunteer in some capacity).
6. Brighten someone's day.
7. If your current holiday traditions aren't enjoyable to you, then makke new ones.
8. Make a list of your blessings.
9. Spend More time in silence and nature.
Additional suggestions from Footsteps In Eden Reflexology and Heaven Scent Essentials
12. Massage a few drops of Valor® essential oil blend on the feet each morning and evening. This may bring balance to the body. Add a drop of Joy® essential oil blend over the heart. Inhale deeply of the aromas.
13. Enjoy the treat of a PURE therapeutic grade essential oil bath. Mix several drops of Lavender or Peace & Calming® essential oil with 1/2 cup of epsom salts, baking soda, rock salt, mineral salts (or a combination of the above). Pour under running water as tub is filling. Relax and destress as you breathe in the pure aromas. Your body and your spirit may thank you.
14. Diffuse Peppermint essential oil in your vehicle. Place 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and place in the air vent. This may be quite uplifitng as well as calming in stressful situations like holiday traffic.
15. Keep the therapeutic effects of armatherapy around you all season long. Diffusers of many types are available for home and office. Diffusing the oils helps to oxygenate the air and the aromas may contribute to a wonderful sense of well-being. Frankincense, Myrrh, and Christmas Spirit® are all delightful fragrances of the season.
16. Diffusing Thieves® essential oil blend is not only reminiscent of the season because of the cinnamon and clove it contains, but may help to keep you and your family free of the cold and flue bugs circulating during the winter season as well.
17. My Best Suggestion -- :o) -- Give yourself permission to relax. Footsteps In Eden Reflexology offers a wonderful experience in relaxation, encouraging your body to greater health & wellness.
18. Take time to meditate and contemplate the birth of the Savior we celebrate!!!!
All pure therapeutic grade essential oils mentioned including the special blends are available at Heaven Scent Essentials.