Thursday, October 25, 2007

Caring Touch

Our Sunday Morning Bible study group was assigned the book RELATIONAL CHRISTIANITY. Reading through just the first couple of chapters I saw an immediate link to some truths God continues to impress upon me, especially as I have ventured into the field of reflexology.

In the book, author Steve Meeks focuses on the facts of how much we know about God. It's the way our western minds are programmed. We know so much about how to have an intimate realtionship with Him -- one that brings true joy and peace and love into our lives in an experiential way. We know all the how tos and truths of it, but do we experience the relationship with Him in our lives?

Having studied reflexology in depth over the past year I saw some very really analogies. When a client chose to submit to my touch on their feet, most often they only knew about what it might be like, but had not had this particular experience before. As the client experiences the caring touch they choose to return because of the benefits they receive, the care they feel, and prayerfully the Jesus they see in me.

I pray that each of you reading this may be encouraged to experience God and the depth of His love for you each and every day!

No comments: