Does Footsteps In Eden Reflexology in Bartlett, TN, have eco-friendly practices, and what are they? While I have been pondering a blog post on this topic for awhile now, I was smacked in the face with it this morning as I was registering my business with Angie's List. That was a 'surprise' question to me in that 'setting,' but a great one as well to make me think how to answer. Kudos to Angie's List for asking!
First of all, don't you just love the green footprint?!?! How perfect to find that little jewel for a post on eco-practices in my reflexology business. Just love it! Now on to what Footsteps In Eden Reflexology does do to be green.
- Just the very nature of reflexology makes it a VERY GREEN business. There's really nothing actually required for this therapy except a client and a reflexologist's hands (OK, they will need to be attached to the reflexologist - LOL).
- I work from my home. Situated in a park like setting, it is surrounded by GREEN.
- Products that are organic and sustainably produced are used whenever possible. These include, but are not limited to lotions and aromatherapy essential oils.
- Paper waste is greatly minimized by reusable linens and hand towels.
- All linens are laundered with eco-friendly products.
- The Thieves® line of products from Young Living,* provides anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal protection for cleaning routines, personally and within the space. Thieves® products are all natural and plant-based, with no added toxic ingredients.
- Recently, we invested in a BioCerra pitcher. This allows us to provide our clients with filtered high pH, electrolyte added water in their own cup or a biodegradable to go cup. This is allowing us to eliminate the use of plastic water bottles.
- Our space is located where heat and air are only used when necessary for clients' comfort, saving precious energy resources.
*Use "Thieves" as your search term on this website to learn much about these wonderful products.
Above photo from canstockphoto