Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is There Mercury in Your Mascara?

So, what is in your mascara anyway? Mercury is not often listed as an ingredient (or it's disguised as something else) on the labels. When this article came across my desktop this morning I was very upset. I was even more upset when I visited the SkinDeep website to look at mascaras listed there.

Whether or not the 400 or so mascaras I found contain mercury, I really do not know. What I do know is that all but a very few fell into the moderate to high concern groups. Many of them rated 6-8 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest level of concern to the consumer.

Now you may have already guessed that I would have a product to share with you that falls in the safer "green" (0-2 concern level) section of the SkinDeep database. Pictured above is the miessence® mascara. This product was in the safest 3% of all mascaras listed. WOW!! I'm certainly thankful that is what is going on my eyelashes these days -- at least on the days I really do add a little enhancement to my middle-age face.

With so many topics I would love to tell you about, I come back to these products often. Please know that my heart is to inform you of the healthier options that are available. Whether you visit ONEGroup's miessence® line and perhaps even become a customer, or choose from another source, I pray that you will consider the safety of the products you use for yourself and your family. This organic company's prominent headline "What is Your Skin Eating?" calls from their homepage. So, WHAT IS your skin eating?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you very much