Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Blue" for the Blues?

Returning to ALIVE! yesterday, one important item on my agenda was to go visiting...blog hopping...checking in with a few I follow, and discovering a few more linked to those. You know, I believe that's a great way to make new friends in the blogosphere world.

One new friend is Smiling Sally. I'm following her now, and will be adding her blog to my favorites list. "Blue Monday" is Sally's own fun way to interact with blogger friends. Be sure to visit.

A mention of her "Blue Monday" posts drew my attention to her "home." I'm not sure why. Purple, orange, teal, coral, caribbean sea green, brown . . . those are my colors. But recently I bought a bathing suit in brown with big blue flowers. Then I purchased some awesome blue lagoon batik and made a skirt to complement it. An old (but beautiful) necklace and bracelet with a couple shades of blue was the inspiration for another sewing project -- a deep rich blue dress. And then, of course, I love my blue jeans!!!!

How does all of this fit into my health and wellness blog? Well, let's talk about one of my very favorite blue treasures, Australian Blue™ (therapeutic grade) essential oil from Young Living Essential Oils. Sweet smelling Australian Blue™ derives it's sweet aroma from a blend of Blue Cypress, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansy, Cedarwood, and White Fir essential oils. Among the potential aromatic benefits of this beautiful blend of oils are its abiities to be calming and balancing to the emotions and quite uplifiting and inspiring as well. Doesn't Australian Blue sound like the perfect antidote for the blues?

Additional notes here: Its aromatic influence may also help calm anger and bring about self-control. If that's not enough, you may apply it topically for its potential to relieve minor aches and pains. Some folks use it as perfume. Inhale Australian Blue's™ sweet scent...First prepare your olfactory senses for a most delightful treat!!!

The sense of smell is so powerful and brings back memories stored for years as well as prompts our quick reactions even before we have an opportunity to consider them. The sense of smell is the only of our five senses of which this is true. Inhaling the beautiful scents of aromatherapy oils have the potential to provide some amazing benefits for our total well-being: body, mind & spirit. A few of them travel with me always wherever I go.

9 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

I truly believe in aromatherapy - essential oils are great for calming, healing, or revitalizing!

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

akawest said...

Happy Blue Monday. I can't wait to see what you will share each week.

Barb said...

Hi Lynn, this is really interesting. We have lots of cypress trees in our backyard.

Come over and enter my anniversary giveaway....would love to have you!

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

Candy said...

You might be adding blue to your list of favorite colors after all.
Thanks for stopping by.

Cindy said...

Very nice! Nice blue Monday "stuff". Have a good day.
cindy

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy First Blue Monday .
I am so glad you came by to join up today now I can follow your blog.
May the rest of your week be filled with many happy blessings.
Hugs
Happy Trails

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Aromatherapy is interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Iris

Anonymous said...

It would smell really nice and good for us :-) Oh I can't help but notice your lovely bracelet to in different blues.

Happy Blue MOnday!

Li