Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Old Old Tray Treasured in my Reflexology Studio

Diane's blog, "A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words," hosts Second Time Around Tuesdays. Participation requires a link to a post about something new to you, but has been around awhile -- perhaps a long time. You may have found it at a yard sale, thrift shop, by the side of the road . . . .

I'll have to say, my contribution wasn't found in any of those places, and it is not even brand new to me. In fact, it's been around my whole life. The tray in this picture has become a treasured piece (at least to me) in my reflexology studio. I love the detail in the stamping and the textured look of the tray that was given to my parents as a wedding gift in 1947. It's had a very active life over all these years. My mother used it to serve indoors, outdoors, any time there was an opportunity. My bro had it for awhile, and used it all the time. Not sure how it came to be mine, but I cherish its presence and the memories it evokes in my heart and life almost everyday. Pleasant and cherished memories bring joy to the heart. When a heart is joyful it has life! More on Joy in another post. (SMILE)

Your comments are treasured deeply.
If you haven't already, please drop by and leave a comment and/or a link at Diane's blog, too.

2 comments:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Beautiful tray!!! Even my hubby said so.

ClassyChassy said...

That is beautiful! Very unique!