Monday, August 17, 2009

My "Ruby" Sanctuary

The Ruby Tuesday carnival hosted by "Work of the Poet" has caught my attention as I've gone visiting so many new blogs out there. While participating in "Blue Monday" has been a sweet blessing, ruby is much more a color of choice in my surroundings (along with purple and gold and green and rust and black and even a touch of orange -- just imagine all of that together).

Important to a great night's sleep is an inviting "sanctuary" calling out to you each evening. A couple of years ago after finding this great print for the bedspread, the reds were just calling out to be highlighted. A passionate ruby wall is framing our bed. The serenity of green grace the remaining walls. Now add the peaceful scents of lavendar, orange, sandalwood (to name a few you might experience here) and sleepytime music playing softly in the background, and I love the tropical paradise we've created. Usually a quite tranquil spot in which to retire for the evening. Loving inviting you in for a little tour.


Work of the Poet

9 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

I like the colours you used in your bedroom. It's important to feel relax when we are resting.

Welcome to Ruby Tuesday. :)

Jennsmere said...

Hi Lynn...what a lovely room! Thanks for stopping by my place. I look forward to getting to know you!

I am 'sleep challenged'...sometimes less than three hours a night. I love my bedroom, and it does call to me. However, my mind is difficult to shut down...I do some of my most creative work in the wee hours of the morning!

Thanks for inspiring me with this post...I will think on it!

Bless you,
Susan

Lynn said...

Thank you to those who have commented on recent posts. I love the interaction, and thankful that I've recently taken the time to do a little visiting and getting involved in new circles of friends. Very rewarding.

For those who are sleep challenged, creating a pleasant, inviting and tranquil space is a great start. It's been suggested by many (and a rule I do follow)to keep the TV, computer, and WORK out of the bedroom.

Also, my clients almost always report sleeping much better for several nights after a reflexology session. Many of them even fall asleep in my chair during the session, and awake commenting on feeling very refreshed.

Do I have a blog post on this? Not sure...but think I'll post one soon.

Rona Michelson said...

What a wonderful hideaway! In Israel, August is grandparents' month-- no school, no camp, and two income families mean that grandparents get up close and personal with little people. These days I enjoy especially enjoy my retreat. Thanks for having us over!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It does look very tropical. It's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

You've apparently spent a lot of time planning your bedroom. Nice choice for this meme.

Joy said...

Very pretty room.
The "ruby" post have been fun to look at.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A sanctuary
accented in shades of red—
perfect place for me!

My Ruby Tuesday

Drawn to The Sea said...

Isn't it interesting that different colors relax each of us? Knowing what colors & scents soothe our own souls is so important.

Happy Day :-)